Old January 26th 11, 10:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Bus route - going back to depot

"Paul" wrote:

Talking of out of service buses in the context of the tragic incident
in Walthamstow on Monday night, some fool has written to the Waltham
Forest Guardian complaining that out of service buses "...do not
exhibit a full lighting display, just the bare minimum with no back
lighting behind the route blinds etc or internal lights either.An
issue for the coroner's court to debate I submit...."

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/new.../#commentsList

If, as reported, the victim ran into the road to escape a gang of
muggers, I cannot see how that can be blamed on the fault of the bus
driver. It would only be the drivers fault if he was driving too fast,
or not paying due care and attention.

A horrible incident.

Agreed about the comment in question - unfortunately the comments sections
of local newspaper websites are often full of utter guff written by
self-appointed experts who relish the opportunity to broadcast their
'common-sense'-flavoured ignorance to the world.