Old January 26th 11, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
StuartJ StuartJ is offline

Default Oxford to London commute - ridiculous??

On Jan 26, 4:46*pm, "Mizter T" wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote:
[original thread on uk.transport.london]
[cross-posted to uk.railway]

"Manoonga85" wrote:
Hi all,

I'm new here but I hope someone can help me decide if this is a
ridiculous suggestion or not!

I currently live in NW London and have a job offer in Oxford. The job
would be better and I'm thinking I'd prefer the lifestyle over there. I
don't think I could hack the commute out to Oxford everyday, as it's not
like I live near Paddington anyway.

[snip]

First off I'll make the requisite reference to the two high-quality
frequent coach services that run between Oxford and London, the Oxford
Tube http://www.oxfordtube.com/ and the Oxford Espress
http://www.oxfordbus.co.uk/main.php?page_id=27.
[big snip]

As Paul Terry has quite rightly pointed out (on the utl version of this
thread), both Oxford coach services stop at Hillingdon (both ways), which is
of course in NW London. (Indeed I've done this myself once - obviously
losing my marbles!)

Only downside to this arrangement is that somewhat inexplicably there's no
bus shelter for the Oxford-bound coach stop - and there's no other
sheltering opportunities nearby either. That's something that really could
do with being remedied.

I would say Hillingdon is west London, not NW - if the OP actually
lives in (say) Stanmore it would be rather a long way away.

Stuart J