Old January 26th 11, 05:43 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default Thameslink - Hornsey depot new application

"D7666" wrote in message
On Jan 26, 4:32 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

In fact, ECS movements are not that significant - as the vast majority of
the fleet are stabled elsewhere overnight. There are only half a dozen
departures from Northam for the morning peak, and four are local.
Southampton Central (x2), Parkway, Eastleigh/Winchester (splits).
Basingstoke and West Byfleet are the exceptions. In the afternoon there
are
departures to Havant, Fareham and Basingstoke.

So it would seem that the overall fleet diagramming copes with the
location
quite efficiently.

Yes ... at Northam ... my point is if BOMO were used instead, that
half a dozen trains is ~a dozen untis all racking up an extra ~60
miles per day...

I make it Northam currently berths 14 units overnight, Branksome 19.

Yes - my '6 departures' is 14 units. The point I was really making for
Graeme is that Northam appears to be busy, and yet as it turns out it only
dispatches a pretty small part of the fleet each morning, and they aren't
going as far as he anticipated, anyway...

Paul