Old January 26th 11, 05:43 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Thameslink - Hornsey depot new application

On Jan 26, 6:26*pm, Graeme Wall wrote:

I thought they were always planned to go on the introduction of the 444s.

It was 458s that were to have gone.

I hadn't realised the 458s were going to be replaced with 442s. *

No.

I never said that.

Doesn't
seem to be appropriate stock for the sort of services those were/are
used for.

Nor did I imply that.

Pre re-franchise the fleet was 455+450+442+444 that went to
455+450+444+458 after re-franchise. I said nothing about exactly what
type of unit was employed on what service.

Did the fact that the re-frnachised SWT altered Pompey direct from
444s to 450s, and Readings from 450s back to 458s, and so on entirely
escape you ?

How did Coradias get into this?

Because 458s (and 460s) are Coradias.

Check previous uk.railway msgs on original meaning of Coradia and
Juniper.

--
Nick