Old January 26th 11, 06:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Thameslink - Hornsey depot new application

On 26/01/2011 18:43, Paul Scott wrote:
"D7666" wrote in message
On Jan 26, 4:32 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

In fact, ECS movements are not that significant - as the vast
majority of
the fleet are stabled elsewhere overnight. There are only half a dozen
departures from Northam for the morning peak, and four are local.
Southampton Central (x2), Parkway, Eastleigh/Winchester (splits).
Basingstoke and West Byfleet are the exceptions. In the afternoon
there are
departures to Havant, Fareham and Basingstoke.

So it would seem that the overall fleet diagramming copes with the
location
quite efficiently.

Yes ... at Northam ... my point is if BOMO were used instead, that
half a dozen trains is ~a dozen untis all racking up an extra ~60
miles per day...

I make it Northam currently berths 14 units overnight, Branksome 19.

Yes - my '6 departures' is 14 units. The point I was really making for
Graeme is that Northam appears to be busy, and yet as it turns out it
only dispatches a pretty small part of the fleet each morning, and they
aren't going as far as he anticipated, anyway...

Thanks for the elucidation. There always seems always seems to be a lot
of movements happening there.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail