Old February 4th 04, 02:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North CJG  Now Thankfully Living In The North is offline

Default Adverse weather affecting tubes

One thing I do know is that everytime I evacuate a station I learn something
new. So lets hope the staff at Farringdon will do better next time.

Maybe instead of L.U. evacuating stations every 5 seconds they should
train their staff better to manage and control situations better.
Im sure with all the expertise and experince in the underground they
could come up with ways to deal with incidents in a controlled way
which instead of causing chaos by evacuating and closing a station can
deal with the incident.
Taking this example of the ice on Farrigdon platform. Have you ever
heard of rock salt?