Old January 27th 11, 11:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Bus route - going back to depot

In message
, at
02:45:34 on Thu, 27 Jan 2011, George
remarked:
I thought that buses running out of service were ordered to avoid their
service route where possible, because people waiting for buses get
annoyed if they see a bus with their chosen route number running out of
service.

A simpler solution is to replace the number with either "Not in Service"
or blank. Buses don't have the route number painted on them permanently!

Of course LED displays would solve this, just a touch of a button and
all routes nembers displays are removed.

I can't remember the last time I saw a bus that didn't have a changeable
display. Round here some of the single-deckers still have the manual
scrolls, but all the double deckers and the newer single deckers have
electronic displays.