Old January 27th 11, 03:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Bus route - going back to depot

Mizter T wrote on 27 January 2011 15:36:38 ...

wrote:

In ,
(Roland Perry) wrote:

I can't remember the last time I saw a bus that didn't have a
changeable display. Round here some of the single-deckers still
have the manual scrolls, but all the double deckers and the newer
single deckers have electronic displays.

You are forgetting that in this respect TfL is still in the world of Ned
Ludd.

I don't like electronic displays - I know they've improved over the years,
but I still find that at a bit of a distance the bright LED light output
just results in an undecipherable mush, and the light can be a bit piercing
too. My vote is very much in the 'don't mess with our destination blinds'
column.

Agreed. TfL is not being luddite; it's continuing to insist on 21st
century standards for legibility, and not assuming everyone has 20/20
vision. (Pity they don't apply the same standards to the fronts of tube
trains.)
--
Richard J.