Old January 28th 11, 10:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Route number specific bus branding [was: Bus route - going backto depot]

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011, Mizter T wrote:

"Roland Perry" wrote:

Paul Terry remarked:

Buses don't have the route number painted on them permanently!

They do sometimes. See 3rd photo down at:

http://www.showbus.com/gallery/lt/lubdart.htm

Another lesson that usenet is the place to weed out edge cases. Well done!

Not so fast Mr Perry! ITYF there are many examples of where route specific
branding has been used on buses around the country - so it's not really an
edge case. No current examples from London readily spring to mind,

I don't know if it still does, but it was not so long ago that the 38 had
a logo painted on it - it had a little heart in the middle. Like so:

http://www.showbus.com/gallery/lt/arriva7.htm

The 38 was my night bus home when i first moved to London (2003?). I never
had any romantic experiences on it, but i did end up feeling quite fond of
it.

tom

--
KEEP CALM and CARRY ON