Old January 29th 11, 08:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default BBC: Thames cable car given go-ahead

In message , at 21:12:03 on Sat, 29
Jan 2011, " remarked:
From: www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12306090

A planned cable car across the River Thames to link 2012 Olympic venues
has been approved by Greenwich Council.

Thanks. IIRC the exact same scheme was also approved in the run up to
the Millennium Dome, so I'll believe it when I see it.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to the T5 PRT project at Heathrow?

It's been about to go live in a few months, for the last couple of years
(a bit like the Cambridge Guided Bus).

Still testing...

http://www.ultraprt.com/news/86/149/...vehicle-trips/

And they seem to have given up predicting when it will open (a bit like
the Cambridge Guided Bus).