Old February 1st 11, 02:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
George George is offline

Default Bus route - going back to depot

On 31 Jan, 16:21, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 08:00:22 -0800 (PST), George

wrote:
On 30 Jan, 13:23, solar penguin wrote:
And there, George is totally wrong. *Other bus operators are even worse.

Oh really? And on what scientific basis have you come to that
conclusion? Or is it just your opinion and nothing more? I really do
despair that some people cannot see beyond the TfL spin.

You've been here for about 5 minutes George. I think you will find Mr
Penguin is not the most pro TfL person on this newsgroup. *You surely
cannot be contending that TfL is the worst operator in the whole of the
UK? * That would be palpable nonsense given some of the shoddy operators
that run in other parts of the UK. *Take a trip to Glasgow or Paisley
and see some of the minibus operators there. Or look at the ancient
Dennis Dart operators that plague Birmingham or there is the delight
that is Banga Buses in Wolverhampton. There are other examples of less
than exemplary performance and turnout. *Equally there are some very
good operators running elsewhere in the country but many are mediocre
including divisions of some of the big groups.

Mr Penguin simply said "other operators are worse" - he did not say
*all* operators are worse.

I also couldn't see your scientific basis or evidence for concluding
that TfL are useless. *Care to set it out for us here? *All you've
offered is your opinion.
--
Paul C

As I haven't sampled every other bus operator in the UK I wouldn't be
qualified to make such a statement, I'm sure there are worse operators
and equally I'm sure there are better ones so it's rather a mute point
really.

As I've said before TfL's overall performance should be measured by
the funding they receive compared to other operators.