Old February 2nd 11, 12:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.local.london
Brian Watson[_2_] Brian Watson[_2_] is offline

Default A fare-free travel system for the UK

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

"Jeremy Double" wrote in message

When I was a student, I once walked from Machynlleth to a youth hostel in
Corris, about 5 or 6 miles, because there was no convenient bus. So IMO
"walking distance from a station" is further in rural areas, where there
is no convenient alternative.

But what about us miserable old beggars who cannot walk far?

Bus, taxi, hitch, convenient neighbour/friend.

"Honestly, old people these days, want everything done for them. Back when I
were a kid, we were grateful to 'ave feet..."

"Feet? You were lucky...!"

Etc ad nauseam.

--
Brian