Old February 2nd 11, 11:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Bus route - going back to depot

In message , at 12:26:16 on Wed, 2 Feb
2011, d remarked:

I lived near nottingham for a few years and while the buses are fine on the
outskirts, once they get near the city centre things tended to slow down.
And thats the problem with any street based transport - buses or trams. They
get stuck.

The Derby Road can be bad, but there are extensive bus priority measures
to most of the main bus routes into the City, including many roads that
are in effect bus only (ie not just bus lanes).

Luckily the NET tram system in nottingham uses its own right of
way for a lot of the route but I imagine it still suffers traffic jams at
peak times.

Traffic (especially through traffic) is excluded from much of the
on-road running sections, and I've never seen a tram caught in a jam.