Old February 3rd 11, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Bus route - going back to depot

wrote:

On 3 Feb 2011 10:54:43 GMT
Adrian wrote:

gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

Are you talking about ... the hybrid diesel ones that had much fanfare
then were never mentioned again (and I remember saying on this group
would be underpowered to many dismissive putdowns)?

You mean the 56 currently in service, rising to 300 through this year, or
the 100% of new buses TfL will be bringing into service from next year?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...emes/2019.aspx

Well apparently "in service" means sitting in the garage. I've certainly
never seen one on the streets and going by some of the photos they should
be pretty hard to miss with that huge lump on the roof.

What lump on the roof of hybrid buses is that then?

(The newest ones don't feature the green leaf livery either.)