Old February 3rd 11, 11:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Theo Markettos Theo Markettos is offline

Default Route number specific bus branding [was: Bus route - going back to depot]

In uk.transport.london Paul Corfield wrote:
Written answer from the Mayor

The plans for the new Countdown system are as follows:

The new system will deliver real time information for all bus routes
across the network.

Oh, I thought the screens already did that? Or do they currently just
display timetable time? Or does it mean that only a subset of routes are
currently equipped.

Using the miniBus Android app, I was quite surprised that routes in the fens
have realtime information - I thought it was only the city buses. The Cambs
data seems to cover any route that goes into Cambs - goes as far as Oakham,
for example (though I don't think that service is transpondered).

Hope that reply helps a bit. The description of the internet service
sounds pretty similar to the Traveline interface.

It does. I think Traveline/whoever are coordinating a national effort.
Cambridge Uni Computer Lab have been involved in the Cambs system, but I
think DfT/Traveline/etc have been working independently.

Theo