Old February 4th 11, 07:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Route number specific bus branding [was: Bus route - going backto depot]

On Feb 4, 12:24*am, Theo Markettos
wrote:
In uk.transport.london Paul Corfield wrote:

Written answer from the Mayor

The plans for the new Countdown system are as follows:

The new system will deliver real time information for all bus routes
across the network.

Oh, I thought the screens already did that? *Or do they currently just
display timetable time? *Or does it mean that only a subset of routes are
currently equipped.

I'm guessing that terminology is the problem here. People associate
the term Countdown only with the stop displays. The new system
includes the web and phone interface. Stop displays do show real time
info and have been linked into I-Bus so use that data. I think the
Mayoral answer means that real time info will be at stops, on the web
and accessible via mobile phone.

Using the miniBus Android app, I was quite surprised that routes in the fens
have realtime information - I thought it was only the city buses. *The Cambs
data seems to cover any route that goes into Cambs - goes as far as Oakham,
for example (though I don't think that service is transpondered).

Interesting. I guess it goes to show that there are relatively cheap
ways of providing this type of info. Shame that for Cambs there will
be no rural buses in the future when the subsidy is cut to zero.

--
Paul C
via Google