Old February 5th 11, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Central Line not stopping at Stratford this morning

On 05/02/2011 00:19, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 22:20:33 +0000 (UTC), Martin Petrov
wrote:

After getting on the Central Line at Leyton this morning, the driver
announced that the train would not be stopping at Stratford due to
overcrowding at the station. How would the Central Line not stopping help
overcrowding given at that time in the morning, far, far more people get
on the Westbound Central Line at Stratford than get off, which would
obviously reduce the overcrowding.

Either way, when the train passed through Stratford, the 'overcrowding'
seemed to be less busy than normal. (anyone know what was actually going
on this morning at Stratford?)

I am guessing that the problem was the Jubilee Line being suspended NOG
to Stratford due to a conked out train. Given the Central Line is above
the Jubilee Line at Stratford it is possible that you couldn't see how
congested other parts of the station were. I'm speculating that letting
lots of people off Central Line trains who then head to a non operating
Jubilee Line is not the best option. I also suspect that DLR was
horribly oversubscribed but it also seems to have had problems according
to an apology poster I saw on my way home tonight.

The Standard front page tonight said Boris shouted down the phone at Mr
Hendy about the Jubilee Line problems.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-line-chaos.do

I wonder why they didn't simultaneously carry out signalling upgrades on
the Metropolitan line segments that run parallel to the Jubilee line
since the S stock is most probably equipped with ATO capacity.