Old February 5th 11, 05:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry[_2_] Paul Terry[_2_] is offline

Default Do any southbound DLR trains terminate at Mudchute these days?

In message
,
zin92 writes

The platform 3 rails always look very rusty when I go past and the
southbound Mudchute timetable (http://tinyurl.com/6xjy347) and the
southbound Crossharbour timetable (http://tinyurl.com/6j8ek6v) look
identical.

Obviously a fair amount of money was spent creating the third platform
and there was a lot of inconvenience whilst this was happening.

I think it might have been used for a Mudchute - Tower Gateway service,
had last month's DLR strike gone ahead. But basically it seems a bit of
a folly, especially as terminating trains have to cross the northbound
line to get to platform 3, and potentially delay any through trains
behind them while waiting for clearance. Not a good plan for a high
frequency line.
--
Paul Terry