Old February 5th 11, 09:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
zin92[_2_] zin92[_2_] is offline

Default Do any southbound DLR trains terminate at Mudchute these days?

On Feb 5, 8:48*pm, wrote:
In article ,

(Paul Terry) wrote:
In message
,
*zin92 writes

The platform 3 rails always look very rusty when I go past and the
southbound Mudchute timetable (http://tinyurl.com/6xjy347) and the
southbound Crossharbour timetable (http://tinyurl.com/6j8ek6v) look
identical.

Obviously a fair amount of money was spent creating the third platform
and there was a lot of inconvenience whilst this was happening.

I think it might have been used for a Mudchute - Tower Gateway
service, had last month's DLR strike gone ahead. But basically it
seems a bit of a folly, especially as terminating trains have to
cross the northbound line to get to platform 3, and potentially
delay any through trains behind them while waiting for clearance.
Not a good plan for a high frequency line.

Wasn't it just re-providing the triangular pair of terminal platforms at
the old Mudchute station? I don't recall ever seeing the western track
there in other than rusty condition.

--
Colin Rosenstiel- Hide quoted text -

I'm not quite sure what you mean but see http://tinyurl.com/69qsyfj
for details of the work to create the third platform that I'm
referring to - an existing siding was turned into a terminus platform.

Regards