Old February 5th 11, 11:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Do any southbound DLR trains terminate at Mudchute these days?

In article ,
(John Salmon) wrote:

zin92 wrote:
wrote:
Paul Terry wrote:
writes

The platform 3 rails always look very rusty when I go past and the
southbound Mudchute timetable (
http://tinyurl.com/6xjy347) and the
southbound Crossharbour timetable (http://tinyurl.com/6j8ek6v) look
identical.

Obviously a fair amount of money was spent creating the third
platform and there was a lot of inconvenience whilst this was
happening.

I think it might have been used for a Mudchute - Tower Gateway
service, had last month's DLR strike gone ahead. But basically it
seems a bit of a folly, especially as terminating trains have to
cross the northbound line to get to platform 3, and potentially
delay any through trains behind them while waiting for clearance.
Not a good plan for a high frequency line.

Wasn't it just re-providing the triangular pair of terminal platforms
at the old Mudchute station? I don't recall ever seeing the western
track there in other than rusty condition.

I'm not quite sure what you mean...

He may have been thinking of the earlier Island Gardens station,
when it was the terminus.

Indeed I was.

--
Colin Rosenstiel