Old February 6th 11, 12:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Balham to Richmond - nothing sensible running!

On Feb 6, 12:17*am, "Ian F." wrote:
Why do South West Trains and Londons Underground and Overground have to have
nothing running on the one route I need - to get from Balham to Richmond
tomorrow lunchtime?

Balham to Clapham Junction, then a replacement bus to Richmond then train to
Kew Gardens (my actual destination) seems the only option without a
four-change journey by tube via Stockwell, Green Park and Hammersmith.

Grrrrrr. That is all.

Balham - change at CJ - West Brompton (via WLL) - walk across to
Earls Court Underground station (sneezing distance) - District line
to Kew Gardens.

Or get the rail replacement bus from Clapham Junction but alight at
North Sheen then walk up Sandycombe Road (or hop on the 391 bus) - I
wouldn't faff around going into Richmond just to come back out and go
one stop on the District line to Kew G. (Doing this and using Oyster
PAYG you'd only pay for the Balham - CJ train journey, plus any
regular bus journey, though I doubt you'd be consoled by that!)