Old February 4th 04, 08:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default "How long are the delays?"

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Kippo Oppik wrote:

What is the rational behind passengers asking staff "how long are the
delays?" after hearing a public address announcement stating that the
train service is delayed.

Er, could it perhaps be because they'd like to know how long the delays
are? And they think that LU staff might know? I generally ask station
staff if there are notices of delays, and often get a useful answer.

I mean, if you think about it, the question just doesn't make any sense.

It makes perfect sense.

The amount of times I have been sarcastically informed by a passenger
that I am 'very helpful' because I can't tell them how long they are
likely to be "delayed" just beggars belief.

I'm sorry to hear that; that's just rude.

tom

--
All we need now is a little energon and a lotta luck