Old February 7th 11, 05:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Two Oyster pickups at one

In message , at 17:59:03 on
Mon, 7 Feb 2011, Paul Scott remarked:
"Roland Perry" wrote in message
I've got a mystery £6 "operational issue" credit, and a £5 top-up (so
that it activates online journey history) to pick up tomorrow. Will
they both leap aboard in one swipe?

And where is St Pancras (National Rail) - is that any of the KX/StP
tube barriers, or only the ones at the western ticket hall?

That'll be one of the NR gatelines at St Pancras surely - which isn't
much use as you'll probably arrive on, or leave on an EMT train? I
suspect you might have to make a Thameslink journey from the low level
station to pick up your credits.

I've been having second thoughts about selecting St Pancras - but it was
the only entry for St Pancras and that's where I'll be.

If the EMT platforms have Oyster, and I try "touching out" I wonder if
that might work? Or would it produce an unresolved journey.

sigh Why can't they just make pickup work from a ticket machine.

If I had a credit due I'd have a similar decision to make about
Waterloo, because I always arrive on a through ticket from outside the
zones, so I'd probably choose the Jubilee line.

At KX/St P there seem to be three separate LU barrier lines,
Met/Circle/H&C, Northern and Picc/Vic (they may have different names on
printouts though). Then there are the two NR, one for Kings Cross and
one for St Pancras. All 5 have OSIs with each other (and Euston).

So maybe I should have selected Kings Cross, and not St Pancras, then I
might have got one of the tube barrier lines?