Old February 7th 11, 07:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Two Oyster pickups at one

On Feb 7, 7:52*pm, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 19:07:44
on Mon, 7 Feb 2011, Paul Corfield remarked:

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 16:53:51 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

I've got a mystery £6 "operational issue" credit, and a £5 top-up (so
that it activates online journey history) to pick up tomorrow. Will they
both leap aboard in one swipe?

No idea but I suspect it rather depends if they are both programmed for
the same gateline.

I did ask for the same gateline for both.

And where is St Pancras (National Rail) - is that any of the KX/StP tube
barriers, or only the ones at the western ticket hall?

I would imagine that it is actually the Thameslink gateline in St
Pancras itself.

I concur. (If you just wanted to pick them up rather than having to
faff around getting the collection location changed, you could take
the Thameslink from St P to Farringdon I spose, before changing onto
the Underground.)

The LU Kings Cross ticket halls are (or were) Tube (the old one we all
know and love), Western (over the Met / Circle lines)

which is in St Pancras

Though the LU station is called "Kings Cross St Pancras".

and Northern (the new one linked to St Pancras Int).

which as you say feels a bit like it's in St Pancras, even if it's
actually the KX side of the road.

Oh and don't forget Pentonville Road.

Indeed. Which reminds me of the Oyster validators that used to be at the
end of the tunnel. I don't suppose you can pick things up from them?

I rather doubt that they're still there (or if they are, that they're
still operational) - their purpose was to provide a touch-in/out point
for people coming from/ going to the now defunct Thameslink platforms.

At other stations which just have standalone Oyster validators (as
opposed to gates), they can be used as a collection point for Oyster
'products' - but collection is only ever possible as part of a
journey, where they form the start or end point of said journey.

(I dare say that collection can also be made at the pink 'interchange
validators' at places such as H&I in the middle of journeys, but I
haven't tested this and probably shouldn't mention it to avoid
complicating the issue!)