Old February 8th 11, 11:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Balham to Richmond - nothing sensible running!

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 12:17:58AM -0000, Ian F. wrote:
Why do South West Trains and Londons Underground and Overground have to have
nothing running on the one route I need - to get from Balham to Richmond
tomorrow lunchtime?

Balham to Clapham Junction, then a replacement bus to Richmond then train to
Kew Gardens (my actual destination) seems the only option without a
four-change journey by tube via Stockwell, Green Park and Hammersmith.

That journey is always going to suck. London's public transport is
overwhelmingly predicated on people travelling between the centre and
the outskirts, rather than from one part of the outskirts to another.

--
David Cantrell | Bourgeois reactionary pig

fdisk format reinstall, doo-dah, doo-dah;
fdisk format reinstall, it's the Windows way