Old February 8th 11, 01:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Drayton Park

wrote:

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 11:58:46 -0000
"Mizter T" wrote:
Well in the morning the predominant flow is south into the City, so apart
from whatever trains that may have got stuck at Drayton Park I'd guess
that
most pax did indeed get to Finsbury Park (where they turned the trains
this
morning? KX doesn't have the capacity to handle the GN inner-suburbans on
top of its normal weekday peak traffic).

And if there'd been a 3rd rail to Drayton park the service would have been
able to continue to moorgate. To me that makes more sense than having a
small
bit of catenary down to drayton since if the 3rd rail system fails no
trains
will be run down there at the moment anyway. So with a 3rd rail to
finsbury
you just have one point of failure rather than 2.

The OHLE might then fail at Finsbury Park instead, perhaps blocking off a
whole platform with a stranded train.

For those stuck at Drayton Park, one way of continuing would be to walk
round the corner to Holloway Rd tube station on your favourite Piccadilly
line (pretty sure there's a local area map at Drayton Park, and poss. also
street signs that point the way to the tube station - though perhaps not,
as
said signs might be designed for the benefit of Arsenal crowds, and
Holloway
Rd tube station is closed before and after matches).

And of course LU will stitch up PAYG travellers for the priviledge of
switching
onto the tube for 1 stop.

I fail to see how that can be described as a stitch up - LU would charge a
fare as they would for any other passenger making a journey from Holloway
Road tube station. Afraid I very much doubt that FCC would have come to any
arrangement with LU to pass tickets just for those pax who ended up getting
booted off at Drayton Park (I can't imagine it'd have been more than one
train load).

As for pax who switched from FCC to the Tube at Finsbury Park, then those
using Oyster PAYG and heading into Old Street and Moorgate wouldn't have
been charged any differently (or more) than is normal.