Old February 8th 11, 02:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Drayton Park

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 14:00:49 -0000
"Mizter T" wrote:
And if there'd been a 3rd rail to Drayton park the service would have been
able to continue to moorgate. To me that makes more sense than having a
small
bit of catenary down to drayton since if the 3rd rail system fails no
trains
will be run down there at the moment anyway. So with a 3rd rail to
finsbury
you just have one point of failure rather than 2.

The OHLE might then fail at Finsbury Park instead, perhaps blocking off a
whole platform with a stranded train.

It could fail there now. If it does the train will be going nowhere. However
if there was a 3rd rail there it could just reverse and potter off back down
to moorgate. At least the passengers would have the option of getting a train
from KX on another platform.

I fail to see how that can be described as a stitch up - LU would charge a
fare as they would for any other passenger making a journey from Holloway
Road tube station. Afraid I very much doubt that FCC would have come to any

Because if I travel from moorgate - finsbury on a PAYG then i shouldn't pay
any more if I go moorgate - drayton - highbury - finsbury than if I go
direct. It should be the number of zones you traverse that matter, not the
number of station gates you pass through.

B2003