Old February 11th 11, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Whats up with the Met line these days?

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 23:55:47 -0000
"Jack Taylor" wrote:
smallest amount of rain and the signalling collapses. There's no capacity
for turning trains back, so they try and shovel them all down into the City
where, with only Moorgate and Aldgate to turn back, any westbound delays

Closing the bay platform at liverpool street probably didn't help there.
I suppose if LU take over the old Thameslink trackbed to moorgate then
there'll be a lot more capacity though with all the cost cutting at the
moment I can't see it happening any time soon and by the time they do get
around to it no doubt the track will have decayed to a point where they
have to spend even more money to replace it all - unless someone is doing
residual maintenance on it.

B2003