Old February 12th 11, 01:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default Whats up with the Met line these days?

d wrote:
On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 07:00:45 -0800 (PST)
Roy Stilling wrote:
I thought they were lifting the track, at least through Barbican.
They'd reached the tunnel mouth at the end of the platform when I was
last there at the start of January.

AFAIK they lifted it near farringdon to build that works ramp but last
time I was at Barbican - which admittedly was about 6 months back -
it was all still in situ. Perhaps thats changed, though the scrap
value of the track surely can't be worth the hassle of lifting it now
theres no rail connection to that branch.

It's still there and the westbound line has now had all manner of detritus
dumped on it, including the monitors that used to be on the platforms.