Old February 12th 11, 11:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ticket Barrier Construction

In article ,
(Roy Badami) wrote:

On a slightly different note is there any way that this gateline can
plausibly cope with a crush loaded East Coast train arriving or is
this just a plot to make train travel as unpleasant as possible.

As far as I can see the new Kings Cross layout has been designed by
control freaks. That's what I told the people exhibiting it the other day
anyway.

Making people arriving at the York Way entrance wanting to catch a train
walk all the way across the front of the station (and back if they want
platforms 0 or 1) is an outrage, especially as they won't know their
platform until they've walked past platform 8. Already the departures
screen that used to face that entrance has been removed.

--
Colin Rosenstiel