Old February 13th 11, 08:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roy Badami Roy Badami is offline

Default Starting an Oyster journey soon after finishing one

In article ,
Paul Corfield wrote:
Ah, interesting. So are you saying that I should have just attempted
to touch in at FPK, ignored the fact that the reader showed "EXIT",
and the system would have charged me the correct fare when I exited at
Wood Green?

Yes - I think that is how it works. This behaviour can, I think, occur
where it is possible to validate a card on intermediate or interchange
validators. This can happen at FP because of the FCC line and the
possibility that people may validate their cards on the interchange
route.

Hmm, but would that count as one journey or two? Assuming the former,
then what if I didn't complete the two journeys in the time allowed
for a Holborn to Wood Green journey?

In any case, it's a pity that the ticket office staff aren't better
briefed on this issue - this must be a commonplace occurance at
ungated stations.

Not sure what will happen when FCC's gates (on their platforms!!!!) go
live - I read a press release the other day that said work was due to
start on their installation. My mind still boggles as to how they think
they can put gates there.

Boggle indeed.

-roy