Old February 4th 04, 11:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonn Elledge Jonn Elledge is offline

Default tube lines south of the river

"The Only Living Boy in New Cross" wrote in
message om...
(TheOneKEA) wrote in message

om...

I wasn't specifically asking about tunnelling underneath the river. I
was asking about tunnelling in south London because, as I said in the
first post, an explanation you often see for the lack of tube in south
London is that the soil is unsuitable. This explanation completely
ignores the existence of the line to Morden, so I was looking for some
clarification on that point.

That tunnels through South London soil are more expensive than those in the
North?

Jonn