Old February 19th 11, 10:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender[_4_] eastender[_4_] is offline

Default A few observations

In article ,
Paul Corfield wrote:

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 10:59:32 +0000, eastender wrote:

Yes new Volvo B5L hybrids. 20 of them for route 76.

20 - that's good. Do you know why the 76 was chosen for them? I noticed
that the noisy Volvos had been diluted with Dennis and Wright types
anyway in recent weeks.

I fail to see why the entrance could not be opened with
appropriate guarding to keep people off the bus station area.

Yes,this is very annoying and possibly dangerous, as the narrow and
uneven pavement at Kingsland Rd/Dalston Lane is getting very crowded
with people heading for both the train and the bus stops outside the
main station entrance.

This is a very bad junction generally - a cyclist was crushed under a
truck the other day and we now have a ghost bike on the railings at the
crowded corner. The street/pavemeent infrastructure looks to have been
totally ignored in the Dalston plans.

E.