Old February 19th 11, 11:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default A few observations

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

This is a very bad junction generally - a cyclist was crushed under a
truck the other day and we now have a ghost bike on the railings at
the crowded corner. The street/pavemeent infrastructure looks to
have been totally ignored in the Dalston plans.

I thought there was a scheme to remodel the area outside both Dalston
stations - funded by Hackney Council and TfL?

checks

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/proj...mes/17464.aspx

But that doesn't touch the place you're referring to.

I think the big problem is that the junction is simply under capacity
for the volume of pedestrians and traffic. You could widen the
pavements into the carriageway but that would cause massive traffic
congestion and it's already pretty awful as you'll know better than
me. The alternative might be to knock down some more of the buildings
at the junction but I can't see that being popular.

I wonder if things will improve once the ELL H&I extension opens, and
fewer people will be entering and exiting at dalston Junction station?