Old February 22nd 11, 08:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Mercedes Black Cabs

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 21:03:16 +0000
" wrote:
On 21/02/2011 03:39, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2011\02\20 23:49, wrote:

Is there any noticeable difference in petrol costs?

The Vito uses less diesel, because it weighs less. If you ever choose to
take part in a head-on collision experiment between a Vito and a TX4,
choose to drive the TX4.

Thanks for the tip.

I'd ignore his tip. Weight means nothing if the body crumples like a
squashed egg or worse does crumple at all and the driver absorbs the entire
impact through his skull and chest. Mercedes like most other big manufacturers
have spent billions on researching crumple zones and other forms of crash
protection. Does anything honestly think that LTI with its antique taxis
design thats barely changed in 2 decades is going to better that? I think not.

B2003