Old February 5th 04, 07:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.subterranea
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default Command Crisis - BB2 Tue 3 Feb 21.30

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:00:01 +0000 (UTC), "Night Orca"
wrote:

"Nick Cooper 625" wrote in message

From the clips shown on 'BBC Breakfast' this AM, the "dilemma" is
whether to tryu to rescue the passengers stuck in the rapidly-filling
tunnel, or to close, "the watertight doors." Question is, is it still
possible to do that?!

Yes it is.... Flood gates still exist on the LUL

South Ken to Sloane Square being one place

Yeah, sure, but take a look them and you see that most/all clearly
haven't been moved for decades. The ones in the cross-passageways at
Leicester Square got tiled over lat last year. There are the
1939/40-vintage ones at the ends of the Northern & Bakerloo platforms
at Waterloo, but are they actually still capable of being closed?
Hence my question: "is it _still_ possible to do that?!"
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk