Old February 23rd 11, 08:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Is the victoria line the new misery line?

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 21:14:41 -0800 (PST)
john b wrote:
On Feb 22, 9:39=A0pm, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:43:35 on Tue, 22 Feb
2011, remarked:

It always makes me laugh when they quote "signal failure" on an ATO work=

ed
line. It seems to be a catch all excuse for any cock up.

Signal*ing* failure, perhaps? They still have to know where the trains
are, and send them instructions, even if there aren't any little red and
green lights by the trackside.

Quite. That's what "signal failure" is used to mean on the
Underground.

Except they're usually quite specific about where - "signal failure at
tottenham hale" and so forth.

And even if the signals have failed in one small area I see no reason why
the trains can't be driven manually for a short distance while being
monitored by the line controller. A somewhat better solution that just
closing an entire section of the line.

B2003