Old February 23rd 11, 11:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Is the victoria line the new misery line?

wrote in message

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 03:12:56 -0800 (PST)
I'm afraid the existing lines in London can't cope with the number of
people who want to travel. It will get a little easier when
Crossrail opens but we desperately need a new South-west to
North-east line (Chelsea-Hackney). It should have been built 10
years ago but at =A3300million a mile, the government didn't and
still doesn't have the money for it.
TP

I'm not sure chelsea really needs a whole new line given the close
proximity of a lot of tube stations down there already, but the
hackney area could
do with one. A branch off the current victoria line from KX would
probably cover it.

The Crossrail 2 line won't just serve Chelsea and Hackney. It's had
various versions over the years, but this is what Wikipedia currently
says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea...93Hackney_line

As you can see, it's intended to relieve pressure on the District and
Central lines (by taking over over one each of their branches) as well
as providing a new high capacity diagnal line through central London,
which will take some of the current Victoria and Picc traffic (which, as
you you know already overloads the lines in question).