Old February 24th 11, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Mercedes Black Cabs

Jim [wake wrote:

Knowing that Reading has 'proper' cabs, I was surpised to see a LC58 reg
Vito in a rank there and I did see that it had a Reading plate.

Why should that be a surprise? There is a thriving market in used
London cabs. That market is national. It is certainly not restricted
to London.

As for the registration number, Mercedes-Benz sells them through one
dealer based in East London, so all Mercedes Vito Taxis will have
London registrations unless the new owner has a personal plate.