Old February 24th 11, 10:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jim[_3_] Jim[_3_] is offline

Default Mercedes Black Cabs

In article , docnews2011
@gmail.com says...

Jim [wake wrote:

Knowing that Reading has 'proper' cabs, I was surpised to see a LC58 reg
Vito in a rank there and I did see that it had a Reading plate.

Why should that be a surprise? There is a thriving market in used
London cabs. That market is national. It is certainly not restricted
to London.

As for the registration number, Mercedes-Benz sells them through one
dealer based in East London, so all Mercedes Vito Taxis will have
London registrations unless the new owner has a personal plate.

I can't believe this as I'm sure that the dealer you refer to only sells
the London version, hence the surprise to see one in Reading.

Vitos abound in cities and towns that use 'proper' cabs like Manchester,
Nottingham, Birmingham etc and these have local registrations and are
obviously the standard model.