Old February 24th 11, 11:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
john b john b is offline

Default Pram Rage Incident

On Feb 24, 8:59*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 20:01:14 -0800 (PST)

john b wrote:
things they nonetheless deserve, such as a fair trial, due process,
and the absence of torture and deliberately degrading treatment.

Why do they deserve that? Its not carved in stone, it was simply a decision
a bunch of do gooders took upon themselves to make. People convicted of
heinous crimes should suffer, badly.

I assume you mean the second line on acceptable punishments, in which
case let's agree to differ. I hope you agree with the first line (fair
trial and due process), though, which is the main point.

the law. For example, this is why Ian Huntley is in jail and will
remain there forever, rather than being given a Kensington mansion at
the taxpayers' expense and his own playgroup.

If there was proper justice he'd be dead already.

Again, we differ on that, but let's be clear: he'll never see the
outside world again, and he'll never go anywhere in his life without
the fear that someone will throw acid in his face or gouge his eyes
out.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org