Old February 24th 11, 11:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Pram Rage Incident

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 04:07:06 -0800 (PST)
john b wrote:
Why do they deserve that? Its not carved in stone, it was simply a decisi=

on
a bunch of do gooders took upon themselves to make. People convicted of
heinous crimes should suffer, badly.

I assume you mean the second line on acceptable punishments, in which
case let's agree to differ. I hope you agree with the first line (fair
trial and due process), though, which is the main point.

Absolutely.

But once proven guilty, and not just on a balance of probabilities and
circumstantial but proven with solid evidence then I tend to vear towards the
style of punishment used in the USA.

If there was proper justice he'd be dead already.

Again, we differ on that, but let's be clear: he'll never see the
outside world again, and he'll never go anywhere in his life without
the fear that someone will throw acid in his face or gouge his eyes
out.

Thats a fair point and I believe its already happened to him. But IMO he
doesn't deserve any sort of life. Still, swings and roundabouts, the death
penalty has only been gone 50 years out of the tens of thousands that humans
first walked on this island, I'm sure it'll be back again one day.

B2003