Old February 25th 11, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default BBC: Doors opened on moving Victoria Line Tube near Brixton

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 22:07:05 +0000
"Richard J." wrote:
Presumably this is true for more modern stocks, which force you to wait
seconds while the nanny electronics works out whether you've actually
stopped. It's one of the pleasures of the Paris Métro to be able to
alight before the train stops (on some lines anyway) - quite like old times.

I tend to score most elf-n-softie legislation, but I have to say that allowing
people to get off a train while its still moving is a bit dodgy IMO. If
you slip and your leg goes between train and platform you're in deep ****.
With a routemaster its not so bad since you fall off you land in the road,
end of - and hopefully a following vehicle doesn't run you over , but with
a train it won't stop and you have a good chance of losing a limb. Or in
the case of slam door stock being whacked from behind by a door opened by
someone else.

B2003