Old February 27th 11, 12:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster ticketing developments

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

On Feb 26, 3:02*pm, wrote:

What about more than one person using the same card? I use my credit
card to buy tickets for all the family quite often.

I don't think it'd be any different to Oyster - any one credit/debit
card could only be used in this way by one person at any one time (and
strictly speaking at least I'd expect it should only be the named
cardholder).

Multiple (regular, paper) tickets could still be purchased in one
transaction using a debit/credit card from the ticket office or ticket
machine.

People using the wrong card to get through a gate - or erroneously
using a card when they've already got a paper ticket - is an obvious
issue one can foresee about this development.

Rather destroys the pay-wave system for adults with children then.

--
Colin Rosenstiel