Old February 28th 11, 10:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
1506[_2_] 1506[_2_] is offline

Default East London Line extension to Highbury & Islington open today

On Feb 28, 11:49*am, "Mizter T" wrote:
The extension of the ELL 'round the corner' from Dalston Junction to
Highbury & Islington (via Canonbury) has opened for public service today -
see:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/projectsandschemes/15397.aspx

The LDB for H&I is now showing trains to West Croydon and Crystal Palace:
http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/s/ldbboard/dep/HHY

I wanted to say something pithy about this further establishing the line as
part of the urban fabric of London or some such, but failed to come up with
a sentence that didn't sound trite - so I'll just say this is a good thing,
and will help the line become more relevant and more useful to more people.

Thank you for sharing. I will try to visit the route just as soon as
I can. And, IMHO, it is excellent thing.