Old February 28th 11, 11:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Stephen Furley Stephen Furley is offline

Default East London Line extension to Highbury & Islington open today

On Feb 28, 11:58*am, 1506 wrote:
On Feb 28, 11:52*am, wrote:

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:49:09 -0000

"Mizter T" wrote:
The extension of the ELL 'round the corner' from Dalston Junction to
Highbury & Islington (via Canonbury) has opened for public service today -
see:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/projectsandschemes/15397.aspx

The LDB for H&I is now showing trains to West Croydon and Crystal Palace:
http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/s/ldbboard/dep/HHY

I wanted to say something pithy about this further establishing the line as
part of the urban fabric of London or some such, but failed to come up with
a sentence that didn't sound trite - so I'll just say this is a good thing,
and will help the line become more relevant and more useful to more people.

It'll be interesting to see who uses it most - people who work near
Liverpool street or Docklands workers using it to cut out the central london
part of their journey.

Pity they couldn't take it all the way to Finsbury Park.

Or Camden Road, or Primrose Hill. *Still I am glad it has reached H&I.- Hide quoted text -

I'd find a service on the East curve to Hackney or Stratford useful,
but that's not likely to happen.