Old February 28th 11, 11:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default East London Line extension to Highbury & Islington open today

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 03:58:55 -0800 (PST)
1506 wrote:
Pity they couldn't take it all the way to Finsbury Park.

Or Camden Road, or Primrose Hill. Still I am glad it has reached H&I.

But to get to those stations you just walk across the platform to the NLL.
To get to finsbury park and all the services there everyone will have to
go underground and pile on to either the victoria line or the FCC moorgate
line for the short hop. My guess is that there are going to be a lot of
extra journeys on the victoria line from finsbury to highbury now and back
and the line is pretty packed already on this section in the rush hour.

B2003