Old February 28th 11, 11:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
eastender[_4_] eastender[_4_] is offline

Default East London Line extension to Highbury & Islington open today

In article ,
"Mizter T" wrote:

I wanted to say something pithy about this further establishing the line as
part of the urban fabric of London or some such, but failed to come up with
a sentence that didn't sound trite - so I'll just say this is a good thing,
and will help the line become more relevant and more useful to more people.

Boris of course was there to claim credit and take the pith:

"We are piecing together a rail version of the M25 in the capital, an
orbital rail link that is making it vastly easier for millions of
Londoners to whizz from one side of the city to another."

He's a whizz kid alright.

E.