Old February 28th 11, 12:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default East London Line extension to Highbury & Islington open today

"eastender" wrote:

In article ,
"Mizter T" wrote:

I wanted to say something pithy about this further establishing the line
as
part of the urban fabric of London or some such, but failed to come up
with
a sentence that didn't sound trite - so I'll just say this is a good
thing,
and will help the line become more relevant and more useful to more
people.

Boris of course was there to claim credit and take the pith:

"We are piecing together a rail version of the M25 in the capital, an
orbital rail link that is making it vastly easier for millions of
Londoners to whizz from one side of the city to another."

He's a whizz kid alright.

Whoever writes this tiresome guff could at least try a bit harder - if it's
remotely akin to anything, then it's the North & South Circular roads - I
s'pose referencing "the M25" is rather more succinct, but for anyone who
expends the remotest degree of thought on it, it's also a totally duff
comparison.

If it was possible to ask the 2004 version of Boris if he had the vaguest
clue about what the East London Line project might entail, it'd be
interesting to hear his answer.