Old February 28th 11, 02:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Pram Rage Incident

wrote in message

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 14:23:23 +0000
Clive wrote:
I wasn't trying to advance the argument, it was simply an opinion.
I find the whole "state execution is murder and makes us no better
than the criminals" argument a load of specious BS thought up by
libtards deliberately to make people feel guilty about wanting
suitable punishment for offenders so they can advance their
brainless hippy , sorry - enlightened approach to incarceration.

So, on appeal after you've been hanged, you're found to be not
guilty, would you be happy about that?

Why do you think people sit on death row for so long? In case any
evidence comes to light that clears them. But IMO it should be
reserved for convictions where there is no doubt at all, not just
beyond reasonable doubt.

That's one way to ensure that no-one ever, ever confesses to killing
someone. Every case would have to be a hard fought battle, and there
would still probably be some scintilla of doubt.